Tuesday 19 August 2014

Life Drawing

I thought I should try and get back into some life drawing to sharpen up the old draftmanship skills. Countless numbers of animators always stress the importance of good life drawing when it comes to the animation industry, so all the more reason to practice. There's a great article on Disney life drawing here: Disney Life Drawing Classes

I'm a big fan of the Andrew Loomis books for anatomy study. It's one of my go to books and it's completely free online as a pdf.

Below are some of the drawings I've done over the past week. They're not great but I'm hoping that by posting some drawings every now and then I can see where I'm going wrong and where I need to improve.

I've been using images online for reference which I know isn't great but It's the best I can do for now. One site I used fairly often is: http://artists.pixelovely.com/ 

I think my drawings averaged between 5 and 15 minutes in length.














Lastly, check out this amazing panel interview from Comic Con 2014: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2Os2pMc-yU The life drawing tutors at Disney talk about the value of drawing skills in the animation industry. Worth a watch!

No comments:

Post a Comment