Thursday 7 August 2014

Random Pen Sketches during "The Thin Blue Line"


Sometimes whilst watching a film or TV I like to try and sketch some of the characters. It's good practice to sharpen you're observation skills and really focus on the defining characteristics of a face or gesture.

I sketched a lot of faces whilst watching "The Thin Blue Line", an interesting documentary film revolving around two men and the murder of a police officer in Dallas, 1976. It calls into question the integrity of the police and the courts of how the case was handled.



The film was also featured recently in BFI's list of The Greatest Documentaries of All Time:



The film consisted mostly of interviews so I focused on the faces of the people I saw. I like to try and use as few lines as possible when sketching.




And a couple more random sketches below :)



Also here's a great video by AnimSchool that really helped me with drawing faces:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZXw05lBaIg&list=UUPYQOUnJ3G1-QVUtZg62JNQ


Worth a watch!

No comments:

Post a Comment