Friday 22 August 2014

Round 3 - Waiting for the Bus

After a round of critiques on 3dhit.co.uk I have hopefully corrected some of the problems that were in my animation.

One of the main points from Liam Reynolds (website: http://www.liamreynolds.co.uk/) was that it looked very pose to pose, there wasn't much secondary action between them. He's right and looking back at it you can see where the whole thing goes kind of dead between poses. To fix this I've put in some torso movements and some more accurate weight shifts.

Tom Barber (website: http://www.tom-barber-3d.co.uk/) also suggested that I have a look over my spline editor to check out what my curves were doing. And yep, the some of the splines had some weird hitches and bumps in them which i smoothed out to create some clearer anticipations and overlap.

Big thanks to those two for the help :)

I feel ready to move on to a new shot now as it's been a few weeks on this one. I'd like to do another pantomime shot to try and nail down the process and workflow. (One thing for sure is to add some more detail during the blocking stage so I don't get as lost when I go into spline mode.)



Waiting at Bus Stop - Spline part two from James Saunders on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment